Monday, September 14, 2009

Willie, willie, willie...

It's Tuesday and I almost wrecked my truck on the way to work. Apparently after one game this year (the hogs didn't play this past weekend) Bobby Petrino said he thinks his team is ready to win the SEC west in '09. I mean I like the positive attitude I guess but let's not get carried away. You beat Missouri State and have yet to face an SEC opponent and Petrino is ready to make a run?!? Maybe he means another run for the door? I strongly believe the Hogs have a good team but I'm not drinking that slop. Also out of Petrino's lying mouth - he said that the Hogs have been prepping for the Georgia game since fall practice. That's a long time to get ready for one game. Maybe Arkansas will make rings for the team if they win like the bees did...losers

One more word about Willie Martinez. I listen to Mike and Mike in the morning, every morning. I love it, if you haven't heard or seen it, check it out! On the show this morning Mike Golic brought up a great point about defenses. Dog fans liked the fire in BVG and when he left fans seem to think that a lot of "attitude" left with him.

Golic seems to think it revolves around our defensive scheme - "bend but don't break"

Fact is that football players like to attack, right? Well in a bend but don't break defense you read the offense and then react, there isn't really an attack mode. This is why you see a defense that isn't jacked all game long. They are giving up plays by design, they aren't being let loose to attack the football. Should Willie let them fly? Or is the best scheme for the Dogs a bend and don't break?

Links:

Words from Deangelo Tyson

David Hale - Good news, Bad news - Week 2

Munson clips

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Just me I prefer the attack. I know that Willie was the coach for the defensive backs under BVG and produced such hitters as Thomas Davis, Greg Blue, Sean Jones, Demario Minter, Tim Jennings,...(is that enough proof)

He can coach DB's...remember he was in the BOX upstairs when he did this. I know he watches the film from above, but that is AFTER the game. Maybe he needs to call the game from up there live..I dunno. I think he knows defense and can coach it, I just cant put my finger on that small part that seems to not fit. I am not on the "FIRE WILLIE" crew, but I do want some better results.

Dawgs to the end!!!
Go Dawgs