Monday, September 28, 2009

Game notes

I wanted it so bad. I wanted Georgia to jump out to a relaxing lead so we could see more of Brown, Wooten, and Gray. I wanted to see Rambo, Pugh, Commings and Smith get extesnsive playing time. (Yes, Rambo and Wooten made big plays) I wanted to see more.

Finally I though it was going to happen, Georgia jumped out to a 14-3 lead and all of sudden things changed again - The play calling was bad and the o-line wasn't getting any push.

*Seriously, what was the o-line doing? MORE false starts. We couldn't get a push to pick up these 1 yard third downs. It was Arizona State, they aren't very good, they just traveled across the country and they whipped us up front, that's bad.

*Evans out, Rambo in. Please. Rambo looked great to me Saurday night. He was all around that ball and making plays. What took so long? If the coaches would back off of Evans' jock and quit playing him because he's a senior we might have a better chance of winning. How hard is it? His last name is Rambo people! With a name like that you almost have to play him immediately, it's freakin' Rambo! Georgia now has RAMBO hunting heads in the secondary - I love it. This is what Willie Martinez said about Rambo after the game, "I should have been playing him more". No shit Willie.

*AJ Green - best WR in the country. He should be on the heisman radar. Do I think he will win it, no. Should he be in the picture at this point in the season, yes. Julio Jones, please. Julio is worthy of messaging AJ's feet after each game.

*Can I please see Logan Gray run more than the QB option?

*The defense only gave up 204 total yards on Saturday. I don't know how I can complain about it. But I still will. Yes, they only gave up 204 yards but they just didn't look good. I did like the way Martinez rifled through his players though. He changed players in and out on almost every play - he coached like the fans were upset with him...go figure? It was good to see, he seemed active and motivated on the sideline.

Tebow got pounded on Saturday. Finally it ended ugly when he was hit from the front and the back of his head bounced off of his linemans knee. It was a legal hit. Check out the video, I can say if you watch this hit, Tebow's feet come completely off the ground when the UK player hit him. It was a tough shot and hopefully Tebow will be ok. My question would be why does Urban still have Tebow in the game? This game wasn't close at all. It was 31-7 in the third and Florida was about to score again. Why is he still in the game?

Ok. This weekend we host LSU between the hedges. Who is LSU? Well they are like Georgia, they haven't played well, and they don't really have a true identity. Georgia has really escaped so far this season, now the real schedule begins. The turnovers and penalties have got to stop. I think Georgia can win this game though.

Let's hope for a great week of practice and a DRY game on Saturday.

Links:

Rankings by ESPN

Rambo, Wooten join young playmakers - redandblack.com

More talk about AJ Green

A look at the LSU Tigers

No comments: