Monday, September 21, 2009

An explosive offense and a clueless defnse

Wow! What an offensive explosion on Saturday night! The Dogs offense looked better than ever and Joe looked on point. But I also saw a dredful razorback defense. Overall though you have to be excited about the Dogs play on offense. Two weeks in a row they have powered back from being down to outlast the SEC competitor.
I consider us very lucky so far. To surrender that many points and come away with a win is incredible. As of now Georgia is 97th in the nation in total defense...that is sad.
If the defense doesn't get any better we are in trouble, big trouble. Shootout seasons do not usually pan out too well. At some point the Dogs are going to play teams with better than average defenses. What happens when we play Tennessee and Florida? I can promise that those teams will not allow 40-50 points. Willie has got come up with a scheme that works the best for our defense. There is way too much talent to be playing as poor as we have.
Maybe the biggest surprise on that side of the ball has been our defensive line. Owens, Weston, & Adkins haven't been able to penetrate these weak offensive lines. Mallett is about as big and slow as you will ever see kickin' it in the pocket and we still couldn't get to him. It's not looking good right now, but that's what you work on so hopfefully that what the guys are doing.

What was realy nice to see? Charles and King get in the mix on Saturday. I must say I was very happy to see Orson get in the endzone. I followed his recruiting everyday and when he signed I was pumped and then to see it payoff, it was exciting! I thought Caleb looked good too, it was nice to see him the game.

I am pretty busy, I will try to update as much as I can today. Arizona State (2-0) comes to town this weekend and I will be sharing some news on them tomorrow.

Links:

AJC fan vehicle of the week. Look at the Georgia cars and vote if you like.

AJC - What can be done about the UGA defense?

Cuff has an MCL sprain

UGA vs LSU - Oct 3 @ 3:30 on CBS

No comments: