Monday, September 28, 2009

#18 UGA vs #4 LSU

Georgia lines up against the #4 team in the nation this Saturday. Why is LSU #4? They are 4-0 and because they have moved up thanks to the unfortunates of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, USC, Ohio State. I wouldn't say LSU has earned the #4 spot but you can't complain, they havn't lost - at least not yet. I can see Georgia winning this game. IF Georgia can protect the football I think we have an outstanding chance.

I sure hope the Georgia fans are out strong for the game. I remember sitting in Sanford in 2004 when LSU came to town and I have never heard anything that loud in my life. It was one of the greatest feelings ever. I hope to hear the same this Saturday.

I haven't watched too much of LSU this year. I was highly intoxicated watching them play Washington and I wasn't impressed. That doesn't really mean much though, you could say my judgement was a little blurry.

From what I understand there is a lot of worries in the bayou about their Tigers. Their o-line is weak, their QB is a true sophmore and is mistake prone, and their running game ran for a wimpy 35 yards last week.

What does that mean for Georgia? Well, it tells me Houston, Owens, Adkins and Weston should have a field day. Maybe just maybe their QB will make more mistakes than ours. Bottom line is that Georgia will not win this game with 3 turnovers. We can't do it...smart play will be key. With that said, I do not want to see the play calling super safe and Georgia playing skeerd on offense.

Team stats through 4 games -

Total Offense -

Georgia #74

LSU #105

Total Defense -

Georgia #67

LSU #49

Scoring Offense -

Georgia #44

LSU #53

Scoring Defense -

Georgia #95

LSU #23

Links:

Does anyone remember Stafon Johnson? I sure as hell do! I remember the day he was going to announce his "college of choice". Me and Wes sat out in his car for an hour listening to XM radio and his announcement. He was choosing between Georgia and USC. Well we all know he isn't a Dawg but he was involved in a weird accident yesterday. Espn had the first report.

Who's hot and who's not by Chris Low

SEC power ranking by Chris Low

Green dazzles UGA teammates, too - AJC

Bulldogs To Have Open Date Before Florida On 2011 Schedule? - Sicemdawgs.com

No comments: