Thursday, September 24, 2009

Three words...

It's Friday, it's friday. How about that game last night? Ole Miss and Snead looked terrible. Period. One thing to note, how good is South Carolina's defensive line? They dominated the Rebs offensive line all night. That poses the question, how good did Georgia's offensive line playagainst SC? I would say very well! Good job guys!

The emails continue to pour in about how Willie has got to do something, demote Willie, fire Willie, etc. (Not sure why you guys don't post these thoughts instead of emailing me?) Anyways, I have thought about it, slept on it, drunk talked it, and I am going to calmly say this about Willie Martinez. I don't know?

I will say this as my opionion. I think Willie is a good coach, he has produced good defenses before, he didn't just lose it. I have two words the coaches need to take to task.

Accountability - CWM and CMR need to start holding these guys accountable for their play. If you don't have your head in the game or if you want to half ass tackle. Peace, throw in another guy. Give a kid a chance to show how hard he wants to play, let him show you that he can learn and wants to give it his all every play.

Expectation - To me the expectation is not set high enough. These players should know that poor play is unacceptable. Instead they talk about it after the game. Has anything changed? No. The coaches should not let them expect this, put other players in the game if your starters are getting rolled up and smoked.

I have one word for the players.

Hunger - Where is the hunger? Where is the pride? I sure haven't seen it so far...

It seems we have a tailback issue at Georgia. Who should get the rock? King or Samuel?
King looked good in his first game back, Richard fumbled twice. What will CBM do? I can say that both backs have protected Cox well this year. I would like to see King play an entire game so we can see what he looks like as the game goes on. Either way I hope both guys go out and play great this week.

I am 25-2 on the SEC season so far. I picked SC over Ole Miss but I didn't get to post for it to count. That game was going to be my upset for the week. Last week I hit my upset of Miss State over Vandy. I really think the LSU vs Miss State game could be close. Miss State is playing with a lot of confidence and the game is at home. I've still got my $$ on the Tigers though.

Picks:

Alabama - 34 Arkansas - 23
Auburn - 41 Ball State - 13
Florida - 35 Kentucky - 20
Georgia - 27 Arizona State - 17
LSU - 24 Miss State - 20
Tennessee - 31 Ohio - 10
Vandy - 21 Rice - 20

Links:

King happy to be healthy

Cuff CB doubtfull vs the Sun Devils

Read where David Hale talks about shake-ups in the Dogs secondary

AP top 25

No comments: