Tuesday, September 8, 2009


I have waited to post because I was pretty mad about Saturday's performance - minus the first Georgia drive of 80 yards on 10 plays.
I cannot recall the last time I saw a Georgia offense look so out of it. The play calling was disturbing. The passes from Cox looked like the football was filled with helium. The offensive line was average at best. Actually I have watched the game four times since Sunday. I don't know what happened but Ben Jones and Chris Davis were a terrible pair on the line. Maybe Jones and Davis aren't 100%, I can't answer that?
I can sit here and blame a lot of people, one in particular would be Bobo. I won't do that but I have a question - Where in googly-moogly was Wooten, Lynch, Brown, & Troupe?? CMR and Bobo have done nothing but praised these guys for their practice and work ethic. Our offense was stagnant, why not give them a shot? AND Branden Smith - played some offense after CMR said he hadn't taken any snaps on that side of the ball in practice. I'm fine with the curve ball but Smith received more playing time over the freshmen actually practicing all day on offense? That seems a little odd to me...

Moving on to the Joe Cox nightmare - I like Joe Cox and I thought he threw the ball well at times. If Joe doesn't have the time to actually step up and throw the ball, he is in trouble. When Joe stepped in to the throws it was good with some zip when throwing flat footed the ball goes about 1.38 mph, maybe...I hope the energy Joe showed on Saturday was him playing sick. I didn't see a leader, I didn't see heart and I didn't see a QB who could even manage the game. I hope Joe comes out this saturday and plays like the Joe we thought we had. What if he doesn't though? Will Logan get the nod as the starter? I don't understand why Logan only played one snap at QB? Our offense was DEAD! We didn't rotate receivers AT ALL! We gave Okie State the same look all day. What kind of offensive plan did we come up with? I will go back to the Marlon Brown and Wooten comment. Why not at least throw them in there and make Ok State think about something? Bottom line is that the coaches didn't change anything and that defense that surrendered 350+ yards per game last year dominated us Saturday.

On our defense - I thought the defense played good. They gave up 24 points by looking at the scoreboard but in my opinion they only surrendered 14. And 7 of the 14 was on that great catch my Dez with about 3 minutes to go in the half. I loved the hard hits by Jones and Evans, we need their presents felt. And the hit that Jones laid on Ok State WR Justin Blackmon was not a penalty in my opinion.

This Saturday against South Carolacky the Dogs will need to be a lot better. South Carolina has an outstanding defense - SC held NC State to 133 total yards. We know that Steve will bring his best to Athens, he always does.

I hope the Dogs can get some things together, get Joe healthy, and most of all I hope the offense plays with a spark. The entire offense seemed to have no urgency, no fire. Maybe Caleb King can bring something to the offense this weekend! Hopefully he is a friggin' beast that feeds at night! UGA vs South Carolina @ 7:00pm

Tuesday Talk:

Good News, Bad News - David Hale

Georgia vs SC game notes

Words from Joe Cox: Little things hurt Dogs

Caleb King will return on Saturday against the Cocks

Branden Smith will continue to play on offense

More from Joe Cox - David Hale

New AP poll - Georgia falls to #21...after what I saw on Saturday that seems generous.

No comments: