Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A fight before the Battle?

It's humpday people, don't get ahead of me, that means it's Wednesday. It also means that we get to see our first College football game of the '09 season...TOMORROW! I'm so excited, I think I'll drink to that.

I stumbled across an article last night about how Okie State head coach Mike Gundy doesn't think the dogs and the pokes should shake hands before the game Saturday. He seems to believe that it could result in a brawl. My questions would be why? This is something, shaking hands before the game, that the American Football Coaches Association is pushing to happen before every game.

Gundy's a man! And he's forty-two now! So maybe he needs to control his team and keep that from happening. He said his players are on edge because they have had some bad team news lately. The TE left the team, their LB tore his ACL yesterday, and their CB was just arrested.

What in Gundy's age does that have to do with fighting before a game? The media seems to think that Gundy has a hot head and likes to "punish" them if they ask him the wrong questions. Is Gundy still mad about his first meeting with the Dogs? Does this maybe have anything to do with the Dogs biting that Pokie ass 35-14 in '07?

With all of that on the table, I don't think it's a good idea either. My reason isn't because the players are upset right now. My reason is that these players have prepared for a week to skull-thump their opponents, so why play nice before the game?

LINKS:

More talk about the schedule

Dogs won't hold anything back in '09

Questions abound for both teams in Saturday's game

Receivers at center stage in Georgia-OSU opener

CMR - "I think we figured out we ought to throw it to him more" Check out this great video of the AJ Green highlights from last year. Notice the TD catch against GA Southern...Cox threw that pass to AJ for his first college TD.

I wasn't really asked this question but I started to think about what the AU Tigers have this season? I guess that is the question that no one really knows? The Tigers went 5-7 last year (frown) but could they have been a lot better without the change to the Troy spread offense? Is there enough talent on that team to compete for an SEC west title? I would think that this team could only go up from last year. They have a solid offensive coordinator in Gus Malzahn. They added Ted Roof as the defensive coordinator and a whole new group of assistants. So can the tigers offense help the defense this year? And how good will the defense be with Roof and "the Chizz" bumping heads on schemes?

No comments: