Monday, October 12, 2009

Tuesday talk

This is more of a follow-up to my post yesterday. I got some feedback about Tubberville and Smart, etc. I do not know what Georgia will do if CWM is released from his coaching vacation. All I do is state my opinion on situations and try to feed you with some of the most incredible knowledge your brain cells have ever feasted upon. So, now that we have that straight. Yes, Tubbs could come to UGA, I'm just saying I don't think he will. Yes, Kirby could also come to UGA, I'm just saying I do think he will either.

With that being said - I think if you look at how CMR runs his program. I believe he would move Garner or Jancek to DC. I think Richt would give one of them a shot before bringing in an outside coach. I honestly think he would put Jancek in the spot simply to keep Garner more involved with the recruiting. If it so happens that Garner does move to DC, look for Lilly to become the recruiting coordinator. Lilly did an awesome job on the recruiting trail for FSU.

Of course all of this talk is speculation. Hopefully the Dawgs will win the next 6 and be back on track!


*Georgia's recruiting class so far - Scout.com

*Up this week...Vandy (2-4) This is their homecoming game and they are going to black the Dawgs out. They are going all black, I wish the Dawgs would go red on red!!

*I know it has been posted everywhere but if you haven't seen it, Michael Moore posted this on his Twitter after the game - "All I can say 2 the dawgnation is don’t turn your backs on us. That’s it. We need u to support us and times like this is when we need u the most.” I think this is important to understand. As mad or disappointed as you can be you still have to continue to show your support as a true fan. What Mike posted is a good reminder to how fans should continue to support the players no matter what happens on the field. (Don't forget you can follow the UGANATIONBlog on Twitter as well)

*Bruce Figgins is going to take a red shirt this year.

*CMR said last night on his Monday night chat that he would not be tempted to start another QB. So everyone out there wanting to see Gray get more playing time, it might not happen? We'll have to see what happens against Vandy.

*Also, CMR had this to say about coaching changes on his staff. "No one enjoyed losing 4 of 5 in 2006. But we didn’t make wholesale changes and kept working at things we thought were important. And we closed out by beating no. 5 Auburn, then Tech, then the #1 defense in the nation in the bowl game (vs Va Tech). In 2007 we struggled early on but turned it around. A lot of people expect blood, But we’re going to do what we know is best, to focus on the game this week".


LINKS:

A history of the hedges in Athens, Ga.

Check out his great post by bleacher report!! Great stats about our defense since CWM took over as DC.

No comments: