Monday, October 19, 2009

Dogs step up and stop the 2-game sadness

It's Monday morning and I actually feel pretty good, the two game losing streak is over. I had a very relaxing weekend, my blood pressure on Saturday was normal for the first time this year, it was nice. My only complaint this morning would be the weather - freezing cold Monday mornings are not my thing.

So, the Dogs got it done on Saturday in front of a monster crowd of 38,340. I thought the defense played exceptional, the d-line absolutely set the tone in this game. Geno Atkins had a great day, he hammered his man all day. I thought the DB's made some great open field tackles. Reshad Jones had a very nice aggressive pick. B Evans was on the field way too much again. I'm not sure if anyone saw the long punt return Price Miller had but he was tackled late in the run from behind. One of the reasons he was tackled, B Evans is running in front of Prince...THERE IS NO ONE IN FRONT OF HIM!! All Evans has to do is block the guy, nope.

The Georgia offense looked ok, not great by any means. However, the key here is that we had a solid showing. We have a week off to get healthy and to get sharp. I hope the team uses the extra week appropriately and by appropriately I mean studying the Gators. Speaking of studying, when I was watching the UF game on Saturday Tebow said in an interview that he watches at least 4 hours of film EVERYDAY on his upcoming opponent. WOW!

Also, I am sure most saw the change on the offense. Bobo will be calling the plays from the field in Jacksonville. If you didn't know, Bobo has always called the plays from the box. He is trying the change, he seemed to like it on Saturday. I think I like it as well. Bobo can get fired up sometimes and it could be a big boost for our offense.

Again Georgia doesn't play again until October 31. The good news with that - the Dogs are expected to get back LB Akeem Dent, LB Marcus Dowtin and FB Shaun Chapas.

Links:



For those of you who watched the UF vs Ark game, you have seen this. I am not saying that this is why Arkansas lost or this is why Florida won, but how are the SEC refs? I got this piece from TheWizofOdds.com

Looking for a new T-shirt to wear down to Jacksonville this year? Shop here

No comments: