Thursday, November 19, 2009

Flashbacks

I watched the UGA vs AU game again and I tell you what - our offensive line was impressive!
They blocked very well for the run. Another thing I noticed is how well C King ran the ball, he just looked really smooth coming through the hole.
It reminded me of just downhill running that we haven't really seen too much of. We really pounded the football late in the game and it was awesome!

I can't get enough of the highlights - I get fired up watching RAMBO raise his arms after being put on the stretcher.

I hope we see more improvement this week against Kentucky and hopefully Thanksgiving weekend the O-line will be slaying tech's defense. Georgia is going to have to be successful in running the ball against them. They are going to do it to us. We will need to be able to control the clock and work on their defense. More to come on the nerds later though..




RIP UGA VII - The passing of UGA yesterday gave me a funny feeling. Something just doesn't feel right about it. Come tomorrow there will be no mascot on the field. The fans are talking "fan blackout" to remember the pup.
All of this got me thinking about how it seems correlated to Georgia football. Last year Georgia was #1 preseason, we were supposed to be sharp. We blacked out the Bama game and all we got was a black-eye beat down. It seemed like something was missing. From the season out all the expectations were down, a loss to Florida, and then to Tech. Rolling over to this year things were supposed to be different, the football team is young but CMR said they took another approach and prepared harder than ever. The season is down, now the Georgia mascot has passed. All of coaches could be hung in the off-season, some want Richt out and some say he'll never make it. A lot of people think Georgia is on the decline, the program is failing. It seems like something is missing. What is it? That can't be answered right now, at least not by me. Only time will tell, my bet is that we get it straightened out - Georgia will continue to fight...

This Georgia football team is fighting for a decent bowl bid, fighting for their coaches, fighting for their mascot, fighting for their pride, fighting for Veazey, and fighting for the seniors on this team. There might be something missing, there might be a lot of questions being asked but this team still has a lot to play for, a lot to look forward to. I hope they prove that by finishing up strong (especially against GT).

Go Dawgs!!

&

THWGT!

6 comments:

RiverDAWG said...

Great post!

I think Richt will fix things after the season, it's going to be interesting...

You are down on your posts this week where have you been?

Go Dawgs!

UGA NATION Blog said...

Thanks RiverDAWG!

You are right, I havne't been as active on the blog the past two weeks.

I have been behind at work so it's been eating up my blog research time. I appologize.

I agree though, I think CMR will do what needs to be done after the season, if it means changes then so be it, if not, well CMR and UGANation will have to live with that.

Anonymous said...

You are right something has been missing.

2008: A "team" mentality
2009: A defense, a quarterback and an offensive line.
Right now: A mascot

Damn! Things couldn't get much worse...

Go Dawgs!

Anonymous said...

Are we really supposed to be blacking out the game on Saturday??

UGA NATION Blog said...

I am going to shoot from the hip on this because I haven't really had a chance to see what is going to come of it.

Yes, I do think that the fans will wear a lot of black on Saturday.

As far as the team goes? I have no idea? I think they might because of UGA VII and to add to that, it is senior night so who knows??

Of course I will be watching to see though!!

GO DAWGS!

MikeInValdosta said...

We really do have a lot to play for.

Who would have ever believed a 9-4 season was possible.

Maybe there is something to the "keep chopping wood" thing.

Go Dawgs!