Monday, June 14, 2010

Recruiting Update -

Ok, so I have been very slack trying to keep up this spring with what is going on. I do apologize for the neglect.
Let it be known that this neglect has nothing to do with my lack of excitement for the 2010 season. I have a lot of great things to post coming up after I get married in July. HOPEFULLY after that I can get back in the groove up posting the way I should.

Below is a list of the UGA verbal commits so far for 2011.

QB - Christian LeMay 6-2/200/4.59 Matthews, NC

WR - Justin Scott-Wesley 6-1/210/4.4 Camilla, GA

WR - Chris Conley 6-3/180/4.5 Dallas, GA

WR - Zach Witchett 6-0/185/4.43 Atlanta, GA

Center - David Andrews 6-2/275/- Norcross, GA

DE - Sterling Bailey 6-5/260/4.7 Gainesville, GA

ILB - Amarlo Herrera 6-1/224/4.74 College Park, GA

S - Corey Moore 6-1/195/4.6 Griffin, GA

ATH - Nick Marshall 6-2/185/- Rochelle, GA

ATH - Devin Bowman 6-0/175/4.49 Rossville, GA

ATH - Chris Sanders 6-1/185/- Tucker, GA



(In the picture from left to right: Moore, Conley, Bailey, and Herrera)


As soon as there is any additions to the list I will update again.

Something I would like to touch on is the conference changes or the potential of the SEC changing or expanding.

I have purposely not posted about this and there is two reasons for this.

#1 - I do not like the idea at all.

#2 - There is way too much speculation going on for me to even come close to accurately painting an SEC future picture. I will continue to not post about the expansion until I know what is going on and more than likely I will not like an expanding unless we brought in Texas and Oklahoma. I don't think it will happen though.

I hope to have some exciting recruiting news soon!

3 comments:

RiverDAWG said...

Congrats on the wedding fellow dawg!

I hope your significant other is a dawg fan as well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recruiting update. If I'm not mistaken the recruits we have aren't rated too high, mostly three stars.

I know they still have their senior season but I'm ready for some studs to jump on board!

UGA NATION Blog said...

Generally the "studs" wait to commit but it doesn't get too much better than some of the guys we already have.

Like you stated earlier, these guys still haven't played their senior year.

From the list now I think LeMay could get to 5 star status and every other name has a great chance at 4 star status - I would say we are doing very well.