Friday, June 25, 2010

Good Read and a chiller video

So I don't have too much to report on the Dawgs today. Since my last post, we have picked up to "war daddies" (if you are a fan of UGAsport.com then you know the verbage).

The Dawgs got verbal commits from

OL Watts Dantzler

and

OL Hunter Long



I was happy to see both of these fine young men make a verbal pledge to play between the hedges.

Still on recruiting news, there was some info that came out on Justin Garrett the ILB from Tucker. I thought Garrett was all Dawg honestly but after reading on him, I am definitely not getting that vibe - disappointed.

Also, Ray Drew made some rounds this past weekend. He visited UF and FSU, both for a short time. Sounds like to me that Drew knows where he wants to go but is trying to assure himself by going to other schools. I feel that Drew will sign with UGA. By taking these visits it gives him the assurance that he did do his homework. Great news for UGA if this is the case.



Now I am no Nick Saban fan but I did see this article about ol'nicky and I must say, IT IS IMPRESSIVE.

Anyone watched the world cup? I haven't been able to keep up with it too much either, but I was streaming it at work when Donnovan made the goal after the 90 minute mark to move the US to the next round - Incredible!
If you haven't see this video, it is a must watch, trust me, it will make your day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT VIDEO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Is hunter long the brother of austin?

thanks

UGA NATION Blog said...

Yes he is, sorry for not including that!

Anonymous said...

I'm not impressed with the homework done by the author of the article...

UGA and Mark Richt did not offer Kirby Smart the job. He admitted as much in the past month.

And what does it say that the assistants mentioned stayed with Coach Saban for short periods. Did they really learn that much from him? Or did they leave because he was micro-managing their job? For instance, it is rarely reported in the press that it is Kirby Smarts defense but rather Nick Saban's.