Wednesday, August 26, 2009

SEC preview


So we are 7 days away from the first SEC game of the 2009 season. That game is between the NC State Wolfpack and the South Carolina Cocks on Sept 3 @ 7:00pm. The SEC season is like a piece of clay sitting on the pottery spin wheel waiting to be molded into something special. I hope that special mold is an SEC title for the DAWGS. Let’s take a look at the games that I believe will shape the SEC in 2009. (These games are listed by date not by relevance)

Georgia on the road at Arkansas on Sept 19. I see this as the dogs biggest trap game of the season. Georgia is basically the first real game for the hogs. They play Missouri State on Sept 5 and then they have a bye week before the dogs come to town.

LSU in Athens on Oct 3. The last time LSU came to Athens was a great day in my life. We pounded LSU to a 45-16 bloody mess (they deserved it after beating the dogs twice in '03). I hope the same for this year and I know I will not be anywhere other than Sanford Stadium.

Oct 10 Gators @ LSU. Yes the gators play UT on Sept 19 but I have a very strong feeling that Urbie will prove a point to the first year fairy in Knoxville. Some believe that the LSU match up will be a rematch for the SEC title, I don’t see it that way but no doubt it’s going to be a must see game.

Alabama @ Ole Missy on Oct 10. I truly believe that the tide will win this game because of their defense. Ole Miss only has an offense and if the tide can control it they will be fine, but it is a huge game for the west.

Arkansas @ the swamp on Oct 17. It is a home game for the reptiles but for some reason there has been a lot of buzz about this game being a trap game for the gators.

Halloween day at 3:30 the dogs will be in Jacksonville for the world’s largest booze fest. Georgia will have two weeks to prepare for this game. I expect a big game for the dogs and I expect Richt not to play by the rules in this game. I think he will take that extra week to make some different packages and add some trick plays. Will it be enough to knock off the 2009 golden team?

On Nov 7 the bayou Bengals travel to Tuscaloosa for what I believe will be the SEC west showdown. Whoever wins that game will be representing the west.

UF@ South Carolina game on Nov 14. This will be an away game for the gators and you know the ol’ball coach would love to spank Urbie…literally.

LSU @ Ole Missy on Nov 21. I am adding this game because I just noticed that LSU has a fierce schedule that I haven't heard much about. LSU plays @ UGA, the next week UF comes to town. Then on Nov 7 they play at bama and to finish @ Ole Miss on Nov 21 and then they host Arkansas on Nov 28. Those are going to be two tough stretches for “the hat” to game plan for.

The LSU Tigers will travel to Arkansas on Nov 28 for the battle of the golden boot. I know I said that the winner of the UA – LSU game would crown the winner of the west but this game could change things. Arkansas, like I have said before could be the spoiler for the west and this could be a very dangerous game for the tigers.


I know every game in the SEC matters; I'm sure that more than one team will be "upset" this year, that’s why we play the games. (You PLAY to win the GAME! – Herm Edwards Great video, me and dad we talking about this video this other day, pretty funny stuff) Anyways…Did I miss any games that should have been mentioned??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uhhh....
AU @ LSU
AU @ UGA - Oldest Rivalry in the South, R u kidding me?
UA @ AU

UGA NATION Blog said...

This post was about teams with title hopes. In my opionion I do not believe that "the chizz" will have AU ready to compete for the SEC west.
Granted, if AU plays better than last year (5-7) then these games could get interesting.
In years past the AU - LSU game has been awesome and all defense, a great battle. I don't see that this year.
I get the UGA - AU rivalry but winning the SEC will not be determined by any of these games.
Bama - AU...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Please, let's not get started in last years goose egg.